Bell Ringer Journal Students will receive 5-7 minutes at the beginning of class to complete their bell ringer journal. It is imperative that students are in class on time to be able to utilize the entire 5-7 minutes for this assignment. The journal will be due every Monday.
This week students will practice diagramming sentences.
Writers' Workshop We will continue the unit on Writing the Argument: Complaint Letters. This week students will do the following:
- Reflect on the topic selection portion writing process
- Generate anecdotal evidence
- Write about the topic selection process
- Analyze a complaint letter to identify anecdotal and factual evidence
- Record anecdotal evidence to support a problem statement