On Wednesday, we will begin reading and discussing Hatchet. Our focus this week will be on chapters 1-3. Students will have a comprehension assignment to complete for each chapter we read. They will receive plenty of time in class to complete their work. They should not have homework.
6th Grade Newsletter: October 5, 2018
This newsletter is a digest of all 6th Grade news stories posted for the week ending on Friday, October 5.
- The chapter 2 test is on Monday, Oct. 8. Students should have studied their study guide, and chapter 2 from their textbook.
- Service hours are DUE: Monday, Oct. 22.
- The 1-paragraph paper on the virtue of the month (diligence) is DUE: October 25. This may be handwritten or typed.
- The extra credit opportunity will be due on Monday, Oct. 15. Please see the religion homepage for additional information.
On Wednesday, we will begin studying chapter 3: Covenant and Commitment.
Jesus established the new Covenant, a covenant of love, grace, and freedom. As people who belong to the new Covenant in Christ, we follow Jesus' teachings, particiapte in the Mass and the Sacraments, and allow Sarcred Scripture and Sacred Tradition to inform our decisions and actions.
This week students will do the following:
- Identify gestures that express a promise or an agreement
- Learn that God is always faithful to his promises
- Learn about the covenant God made with Noah
This week students will study unit 6, which is a review unit. They do not need to write definitions this week. They need to complete pages 42-44 (#1-60) from their textbook. This assignment is due on Friday, Oct. 12. The unit 6 review test will be on Friday, Oct. 12. This will be a multiple choice test.
Monday: Lesson 22 #'s 1, 3, 5-7, 9-11, 13-15
Tuesday: Lesson 23 #'s 2-8, 13
Wednesday:Lesson 24 #'s 3, 5, 6, 10-13, 15
Thursday: Study for quiz
Friday: S.S. quiz, Lesson 25 #'s 3-6, 10-14