The deadline for all make-up work and Sevice Activity Sheets is Wednesday. Expect a test on Chapter 6 on Tuesday.
7th Grade Newsletter: January 11, 2019
This newsletter is a digest of all 7th Grade news stories posted for the week ending on Friday, January 11.
We will finish the unit on tall tales. The quiz over Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves will be on Monday (1/14).
On Tuesday we will begin reading and discussing the fairy tale novel Once Upon a Marigold. Below is a guideline for the week:
Monday (1/14): Quiz: Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves
Tuesday (1/15): Begin Once Upon a Marigold: Read Part One (ch. 1-2)
Wednesday (1/16): Read Part One (ch. 3), Review
Thursday (1/17): Quiz: Part One (ch. 1-3)
Friday (1/18): Read Part Two (ch. 1-2)
- Weekly 20 min. in the Pass Program will be assessed on Friday (1/18)
- At least 4 reading master tests are due on 1/16
We will continue the unit on argument paragraph writing. The goal of this unit is for students to write a strong argument paragraph. This week students will do the following:
- Work through an activity organizing paragraph parts and improving flow (in class)
- Insert transitions between and within sentences of their own argument paragraph draft
- Write two different versions of their topic sentence
Paragraph of the Week
DUE Monday (1/14): Time Travel
On Monday students will receive this week's paragraph of the week: Most Important Invention. This will be due on Tuesday, Jan. 22.
The chapter 3 test on pronouns will be on Tuesday (1/15).
On Thursday, we will begin studying verbs (chapter 4). Students will understand and correctly use action, linking, and helping verbs.
- The 1-page paper on the virtue of the month: Prayerfulness is DUE: January 31. This may be handwritten or typed.
- At least four PASS master tests in grammar are DUE: January 16, 2019
Monday: HW- Lesson 46 #'s 1, 4, 6, 7, 9-12, study guide for test
Tuesday: HW - Lesson 47 #'s 1, 2, 4-6, 8-10, 12
Wednesday: Test proportional relationships (additional help videos are assigned on Kahn), HW- Lesson 48- #'s 1, 5, 8, 10, 12
Thursday: No S.S. HW
Friday: S.S. Quiz HW- Lesson 49- #'s 1-5, 8, 9
Reminder: Top 4 PASS mastery tests are due by 1/16
The deadline for Completed Science Fair Boards is Tuesday, January 22. That will give me time to review your project and make suggestions for any adjustments. Powers will be picking up the projects from SJV and setting them up on January 25.
Don't forget to study for the Chapter 19 quiz on Monday.
On Tuesday, I will be staying after school again to help with Science Fair projects in the computer lab until 4:15.