|Aug 21, 2020, 5:32 PM (2 days ago)|
God bless each of you!!
Here we go. The beginning of a new school year. We are all excited and anxious to see your children both face to face and online. It will be a new and different era in teaching and learning. We believe that as we stay faithful to our part of being safe that the Lord Jesus will protect, bless, and guide us every step of the way.
A few reminders from our restart plans:
1. We will have half-days all of our first week.
2. For the safety of our SJV students and staff, parents and visitors are not allowed in the building while students are in the building. Only staff and students will be allowed to enter. Also, we will dismiss at 12:00 so no lunches will be served. There will be time allotted for a quick snack during the half days. We will provide water for students each day.
3. The school starts at 8:20 and ends at 3:20 on full days.
3. Please be reminded we request that parents and guardians remain in your car both for drop-off and pick-up.
A. For Arrival: The students will be dropped off in front of their grade level line (parallel to Chevrolet street) in the parking lot. After their temperature is taken , the students will wait in their designated lines with their teachers until 8:30 and than enter the building with their teacher and paraprofessional as needed.
B. For Departure: Students will be in their class line for pickup. Parents and Guardians will drive up to the grade line to get their children. Children in grades Pre-K through 4th grades will be escorted to their parents' cars.
4. Those who are using online platforms will hear from our teacher and tutors this coming week. The online lessons do not start until August 31st.
We hope to have our online classroom parent meetings next week and some after Labor Day.
Let us remember to pray for one another.
Theresa Marshall, Ph.D.